Easy Tips For Keeping Your Home Cool During Summer. It’s impossible to relax, chill, and cool down under high heat and scorching weather. How do you handle the summer heat if your summer house may not even have air conditioning? The art of creativity provided us with some of the following suggestions for keeping your home cool without using the air conditioner. We’re pretty damn sure that you’ve never heard of at least a couple of these.
Easy Tips For Keeping Your Home Cool During Summer
- Plants that serve to keep the surroundings cool should be used inside. Aloe Vera, Areca Palm Tree, Ficus, Fern, and Snake Plant are just a few examples. They release water through transpiration, which helps to keep the surrounding air clean and free of toxins.
- To keep the strong heat out, invest in high-quality windows and doors.
- Keep your home light and airy by minimising furniture and carpeting and keeping most room gates open.
- Make an effort to shade the space around your home and windows. Using trees, balcony awnings, or shutters during summer is helpful.
- Make an effort to use all the natural daylight and replace warm light bulbs with cooler-toned lights.
- During the day and under bright sunlight, keep your blinds & blackout drapes closed.
- Leave the windows open at night to allow the house to cool down while you sleep, so you wake up to a cooler environment.
- Make use of the cooling effect of water by using box fans & ceiling fans to circulate air throughout your home.
- Keep your windows closed while the air conditioner is on since it generates a lot of heat.
- Laundry and dishwashing should be done in large because the machines generate heat.
- Try to use your oven as little as possible, and if you have the opportunity and time, cook or barbeque outside.